All praises are due to Almighty Allah who made the hearts of Muslims a wealth of divine secrets. Durood and Salaam be upon His Beloved, our Master, Muhammad Mustafa (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) who has knowledge of the unseen through the gift of Allah Ta’ala and who is the owner of Allah Ta’ala’s creation. May Durood and Salaam be on his descendants and companions as they are the bright stars of this universe.
Hazrat Sayyid Khwaja Sultan Muhammad (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) of Jalesar, declared that he studied Huzoor Ghaus-e-Azam Sayyiduna Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani’s (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) “Futuh-al-Ghayb” and a few salient points and sayings stood out clearly in his mind. He recorded them in Persian poetry and when he studied these poems carefully, he found a hidden wealth of deep meanings and regarded them as eternal treasures.
He assembled these five poems and named them “The Five Treasures of the Secrets of the Qadiri Order”. Every disciple (Mureed) who has the correct Aqeeda (beliefs) must use every effort to safeguard these five treasures using them to achieve the love and knowledge (Ma’rifat) of Almighty Allah to attain freedom in both worlds.
Those who possess these five treasures, Allah willing, will be regarded as fortunate in the saintly office of Shariah. Allah Ta’ala will reward those who strongly adhere to these five treasures In Sha Allah.
It was in the year 1117 AH that he was bestowed with these five treasures and he revealed them during the rule of Emperor Aurangzeb.
This world and its lovers, and inward feelings are all strong currents and veils. Pass these curtains and you will be a true Sufi; once you are a true Sufi, your heart will be free of external lusts. Your heart will be transposed into a mirror that will portray Allah Ta’ala. When you travel with the love of Allah Ta’ala on the Path of Allah, then you will not notice anyone besides Allah Ta’ala. If not, you are a victim of self-worship and will cause great trouble. Refer to the five treasures below and try to practice them to the best of your ability.
Treasure Number 1
- Do not take false oaths.
- Do not lie.
- Do not fail to fulfill a promise.
- Do not curse or reprimand without reasons.
- Stop disobeying Allah Ta’ala.
- Do not remind anyone of your favours.
- Do not have greed and do not be consumed with desire for something.
- Do not unnecessarily call anyone who faces the Qibla a Kaafir if he does not deny the necessities of religion.
- Be hospitable and good-natured.
Treasure Number 2
- Accept that everything is from Allah Ta’ala and be pleased with His decisions whether you gain any benefit or not.
- Do not do anything that has been directed by internal lusts.
- Obey Allah Ta’ala’s commandments and remain aloof from the forbidden.
- Do not be obsessed with your own interest and keep in mind the Will of Allah Ta’ala.
- Have confidence in Allah Ta’ala in everything you do.
Treasure Number 3
- Undergo the strains of hunger.
- Do not overfeed yourself.
- Do not spend nights in continuous sleep and days in negligence.
- Employ your heart in the remembrance (Zikr) of Allah Ta’ala and worship Allah Ta’ala according to the Sunnah of the Beloved Rasool (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).
- Do not be concerned about what worldly people accept or reject.
- Hand yourself over to Allah Ta’ala and be satisfied with your destiny.
- Do not be jealous and have no malice or enmity without any religious reason.
- Be free of internal feelings.
- Do not have any ambition contrary to the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala.
- Spend in the path of Allah Ta’ala and for the love of Allah Ta’ala.
Treasure Number 4
- Imagine and believe that you are before the All-Knowing Rabb, and that you and your actions have no special importance.
- All that exist come from Allah Ta’ala; your equality is mere nullity.
- Think that all good deeds that you do are through the Taufeeq of Allah Ta’ala and all evil deeds are the result of self-motivated action.
- Firmly believe that everything happens according to the Will of Allah Ta’ala and according to Fate (Taqdeer).
- Do not consider yourself to be possessed with any human power except that granted by Allah Ta’ala.
- Believe that every person in indebted to Allah Ta’ala according to his capacity.
- If Shariah accepts something then believe that it is in accordance with the Will of Allah Ta’ala.
- Do not even think of anything that is contrary to the Will of Allah Ta’ala.
- Seek solitude and quietness.
- Reduce your sleep.
- Have dealings with Allah Ta’ala and not with worldly people, because He has invited you to His Kingdom of Mercy.
Treasure Number 5
- Do not associate yourself with wealthy people who are inclined towards sin or else you will also be among the greedy and those who have forgotten Allah Ta’ala.
- Forget greediness and no not go to the door of the oppressor.
- Do not let the greed of this perishing world uproot your religion.
May Almighty Allah grant us the Taufeeq to practice on these great treasures so that we may attain closeness to Allah Ta’ala, Allahumma Ameen.